Monday, March 2, 2009

RAWRRR!!!! MARCH!!!!!!!


IN LIKE A LION!!!!

As I sit here on this miserable, snowy, Sunday night, I take a second to think about my weekend. Then, I cringe, and decide it's probably better to forget about my life and focus on sports. So, lets find out what professional athletes were doing while I was a.) dropping my phone in the toilet, b.) canceling my credit card only to find it minutes later, c.) eating pizza for breakfast... and dinner, d.) all of the above.


Cassel and VRABEL traded to Chiefs- I don't really know what to say about this trade just yet. I'm not sure if the Pats are done or what. We have like three second rounders now or something, so I'll wait to say if we got enough out of the deal. What kind of surprised the hell out of me was finding out that Vrabel was traded as well. "Bill, I know, I know... but it's Vrabel man. Vrabel! I know Bill, but still... it's Vrabel." I feel like we all feel this way. Nobody wants Vrabel traded. Nobody was at home last week looking over the roster saying. "TRADE VRABEL PLEASE!!!"

He was the ultimate Patriot. There are about 5 ultimate Patriots, he was one of them. Fill in the rest on your own time. Sure he wasn't the same Vrabel five years ago, but I mean, damn.. you're still Vrabel ya know... What can you do. It's business out there as usual. I'm not one to question Bill ever, EVER, and I won't start now, but still... it's Vrabel.



Marbury Joins Celtics- :sigh: He's here folks. I tried everything in my power to prevent him from coming, but to no avail. Listen, I'm willing to give the guy a chance, I want to be wrong about him, really, I do. His first game against Indiana he looked pretty good considering it was probably the first time he touched a basketball in a year. Today against Detroit though, eeeeee. Looked more like the Marbury I thought he would be. Way to make Will Bynum look like me in the sixth grade CYO tournament, my greatest sporting year to date. Like I said, I'll give him a chance. Not going to hate on him YET.

I just feel like he's what the french would call, le incompetent (what movie is that from). For instance, when he entered the game for the first time against Indiana and obviously got the standing ovation, he went out there smiling from ear to ear. Dude, you're in the NBA, it's not like 9 year olds rec league when you cant help but smile when you do something good out there. Not really an issue, but adds to my already bad feeling.

P.S. the Celtics played TERRIBLE today against Detroit. Unfortunately I went to the game and suffered through it all. Shots just were not falling today for Ray Allen. Real frustrating for him I'm sure.


Bruins do stuff- Bruins looked real nice on Thursday against the Ducks. Saturday, eh. I've seen a better effort out of some of those guys. On the other hand, some guys stepped up, like Matt Hunwick (look for an article by this guy coming out on Tuesday about it). It was a great game from a fan's standpoint. The Caps and Bruins are definitely evenly matched. Every game has been close, but the fact is the Caps have gotten at least one point from us in all four games. The Bruins will need to step it up in the playoffs if these two meet in the ECF. Obviously the ending was terrible, as Thomas let in a goal from wellllll beyond the blue line. Nothing you can do about it, it was a fluke goal. We did score with a few minutes left in the third to push it to OT so if you're an optimist, you're happy, if you're a pessimist, you're not.
--JT--

2 comments:

  1. Home Alone

    --Anonymously Matt Moretti--.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. awesome, there goes my plan to see if anyone ELSE reads this

    ReplyDelete