Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bruins Post Game Quotes Round 1 Game 2

Coach Julien on Patrice Bergeron: "I guess I discovered he’s a lefty. I think he discovered he was a lefty. That was just one of those things that, obviously he got enticed. He got hit in the head to start with by [Josh] Gorges, and then was challenged, and he did what he had to do."

---Bergeron is obviously not known as a fighter seeing as this was the first fighting major he has gotten in his professional career. Gorges found out the hard way that just because he doesnt fight, doesnt mean he cant...

Coach Julien on the Power Play: "We just moved the puck around well. We moved it well, we moved it fast, we looked for seams, and great to, you know Recchi and others that did a great job of standing in front of the net, and obviously creating some havoc there. It’s just, a lot of it’s about confidence."

--- The PP Unit has been the story of this series so far. The Bruins are absolutely ripping apart the Habs on the PP. The Habs arent playing smart out there, and they are paying for it. Clearly they cant stop the Bruins when theyre a man down.

Tim Thomas on Shane Hnidy: "The whole locker room’s, our thoughts and prayers are with Matt Hunwick, but we thought the best thing we could do was to have a good showing tonight for him, and Sheriff [Shane Hnidy], that’s the way he’s been ever since he’s gotten here. Every time he has to step in, he comes up huge, and he’s been doing that the whole two years he’s been here. He definitely did that tonight. He was calm, cool and collected, and he got a huge goal, and that helped keep the momentum in our favor."

---Hnidy was great for the Bruins tonight. His goal was the dagger in the side of the Habs. It prevented them from gaining any momentum after their first goal, unlike in Game 1 when they eventually tied it up 2-2. The story all year with this team is that guys step up when called upon no matter who it is.

Marc Savard on difference between game 1 and 2: " I just think our first game we were so excited to play all day, and the days off we had I think when we came in the energy kind of ran out. So we were a bit flat in Game one. I thought Game two we had a nice short practice on Friday and came out here today, we didn’t have skate this morning and really put all our energy towards tonight’s game and the whole team did a great job."

---100% agree there. There was no let down in this game. It was constant attacking until the meaningless third period. Last game they got real slow in the 2nd but there wasnt any signs of that this game.

Michael Ryder on the pp goal by Savard: "Yeah it was huge. Z just stepped through and I just stepped behind him and he took I think a couple guys to the net and I was going to shoot first and then I looked and I’d seen Savvy wide open and I just threw it over to him and he just had to finish it off."

--- That was just a pretty goal all around... Chara really does attract so much attention out there. It's like in the NBA, doubling Kevin Garnett down low and leaving Ray Allen open for the three pointer...

Shane Hnidy on his goal: "Axy heard me. I was yelling for it. I saw a chance to join in on the rush. Obviously, I don’t get up (in the play) as often as I would like, especially in these games. It was a good chance. He (Axelsson) made a great drop pass and kind of went in for a screen and I was just trying to get the puck off with a quick release, and it fortunately went into the net."

---Another pretty goal. Axellson actually did all the work though. He dropped the pass to Hnidy then cleared out the way for him. Price probably could have saved it if he wasnt Price, but he is, and the puck went in.

You really cant find any complaints with this game. The Bruins did what they had to do, which was win both home games. If they take 1 of 2 in Montreal I will be happy, and I'm sticking with my Bruins in 5 prediction. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended in 4 though...

No comments:

Post a Comment