Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rondo beats career high of...26?


The Celtics cruised past the Suns today just like they did in the Garden when they played them. I don't know what it is with the Suns, Rondo just owns Nash completely. It's just that Nash cannot contain him. I wasn't surprised that the Celtics curb stomped the Suns today in Phoenix. The Suns are not a very good team. When you don't play defense you won't succeed. The Celtics, although giving up 108 points, generally play better defense than every team in the league. It will be interesting, however, to see how this team performs defensively without KG on their ass all game.

So Rajon Rondo scored a career high 32 points today... Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the guy. But I keep thinking to myself, "This guy's previous career high is only 26 points?" I guess I was just surprised to hear that, being that Rajon Rondo is so important to this team's success. He has never really been asked to score, and not needed to. Maybe now with Garnett down for an extended period of time, he will have to step up his scoring. The points have to come from somewhere. Rondo is an interesting PG. He reminds me a lot of Jason Kidd except without beating his wife. He's a play maker. He hustles for the ball. He's not afraid of getting hit going up for a rebound or a loose ball.

The saying has always been that the Celtics go how Rondo goes. He will have to step up even more so now that KG is out. As tough as it is to make guys like Scal and Baby look like actual basketball players, Rondo will be asked to and expected to do so.
--JT--

No comments:

Post a Comment