Sunday, February 8, 2009

What the hell?


What. On. God's. Great. Earth. Was. That?

I'm speachless right now, which is why I'm reduced to writing. So I'm watching the Grammys and whatever it's ok I guess. I mean it's the Grammys so you kind of know what to expect. The Jonas Brothers performed with Stevie Wonder, not sure the logic behind that. It's like they just cart Stevie Wonder out there with anyone these days. Do you think he knew he was the side act for three white teenagers? I feel like we owe him a little more than that. Anyways, that's not the reason for this post.

Did anyone see the performance of Swagger Like Us by T.I., Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Kanye, The chick from M.I.A., and her baby? That was disturbing.

First of all, I didn't know she was pregnant so when I heard the song was being performed, I was semi excited anyways. All of a sudden this dinosaur-like deformed woman comes waddling out with what appears to be a small village tucked under her shirt. Immediatly I'm like, "Whaaaat?...."

"What is going on? Is she 13 months pregnant? Why is she out there?"

Listen, I'm all for pregnancies, whatever. You want to have a kid, thats fine by me. But they make clothes to sort of hide the fact. Wear something else damnit. That was sickening. How can you like the way you look in that? Is that some sort of fashion statement? "No one on the corner got knocked up like meeee."

I'm 65% sure her water broke on stage. For a second I thought when Lil Wayne was sitting down, he was actually the child she gave birth to on the stage. It was bad enough she was there, but why was she constantly in the midst of it all bouncing up and down. Dude, you have a kid inside of you ready to be born any second. Maybe not such a great idea to be jumping around like a damn fool. But hey, I'm no doctor... God forbid something happened to that kid, I'm blaming it on that performance alone. Be in a hospital bed somewhere.

The picture doesnt do it justice, but they kept taking the videos down on youtube and there is nothing more annoying then clicking a dead youtube link. Do some research and look for yourself if you can stomache it.


Here's the video for now.

--JT--


2 comments:

  1. i liked this when el pres wrote about it too

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah well I posted this a day before his post so maybe hes a reader of theolecollegetry as well.

    ReplyDelete