Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tony Allen to have surgery, Joe Smith traded to Hornets

Well, call it the OCT jinx. Not even 12 hours after I propose Joe Smith could be a Celtic, he gets traded to the Hornets. It's unlikely he gets bought out now, as even though the Hornets did this to save money, they can still make a playoff run with Wilcox and Smith. This sucks for Celtics fans. In other sucky news, Tony Allen is having thumb surgery and will be out until at least the playoffs.

I'm not saying Tony Allen was worth a lot to us, in fact he was a huge disappointment this year to me, as I thought he would step up in Posey's absence- he didn't. But he was a body out there and gave guys like Pierce and Ray rest when needed, and he could defend at times. Now with Allen out, the Celtics are forced to move some bodies around. I'm not sure how this affects trading players too. We might not be able to afford to trade those young guys or rookies I talked about now. Will we see more playing time for Gabe Pruitt and maybe Bill Walker? Time will tell. The Celtics lost a PG and a SG today, and haven't gotten a big man yet. I wouldn't call this a good day by any means, but there is still time to fix our problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment