Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shocker: J.D. Drew still injured


There are a few guarantees in life. You'll be taxed, you'll die, you'll probably go to the bathroom at least once a day, you'll crave pizza when you're wasted (and when you're not wasted), and J.D. Drew will have an injury during the season.

I almost didn't post on this, because like Martin Lawrence signing up to be in another terrible movie, it really isn't news.

ESPN reports that J.D. Drew is still hindered by a back injury that he sustained last season. Something about a herniated disk, I don't know I stopped reading because I'm so fed up with the guy. Supposedly he's still able to hit and run and play blah blah blah but lets be honest here, it's only a matter of time before this thing gets more serious and he is forced to miss games.

The solution? Rocco Baldelli.

Rhode Island's own is here to save the day. Boston needed a backup outfielder for obvious reasons, so they went ahead and signed the most injury ridden outfielder they could find. I'm kidding, but not really, but I do like Baldelli and I feel since they diagnosed the problem, hopefully he can stay healthy and be good for us.

--JT--

No comments:

Post a Comment