Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Marbury needs to stop, Celtics need a center, I need a drink

The things Patrick O'Bryant can do with a basketball: Palm the ball

Marbury, Marbury, Marbury...

What a tangled web we weave, hmm?

Or should I say in your case, what a gigantic line of cocaine we snort.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. There is no place for Stephon Marbury on this Celtics team. Why on God's great earth do we need this poor excuse of a human being? The guy is everything that the Celtics are not.

Last time I checked, Rajon Rondo and Eddie House were doing just fine at the point guard spot. And since we have been absolutely curb stomping opponents lately, we've gotten a fair share of Gabe Pruitt as well. Why the hell do we need Stephon Marbury on the sidelines checking out the Celtics dancers all night? Christ, Lucky the leprechaun would be a better fit for this team, and that guy is a jerk.

Did he talk to the Celtics? Did he not? Do the Celtics want him? Do they not? Who knows? Marbury sure as hell doesn't. The guy hasn't read a book his entire life most likely. He doesn't know how a business is run. He doesn't know how to win. He doesn't know how to spell win. I can go on forever on why this is a poor choice.

You know what we DO need? A CENTER! A BIG MAN! SOMEONE WHO CAN CLOG THE PAINT!

It was reported that Brian Scalabrine got a concussion today because he bumped heads with completely incompetent Patrick O'Bryant. This doesn't surprise me at all. Doc Rivers basically asked for this to happen. When you put two of the most unathletic and uncoordinated big men on the court at the same time, you are asking for a potential season ending injury. Hell, if you put Patrick O'Bryant on the court with ANYONE you are asking for it. If Patrick O'Bryant and God are playing basketball together, somehow God gets injured accidently, guarantee.

I have never seen a more useless big man in my life as a Celtics fan, and I was a fan during the Vin Baker years and the tail end Pervis Ellison years. You show me any Center more useless than Patrick O'bryant over the last 15 years and I'll show you a liar. When we signed this guy, I was willing to give him a shot, but now I want someone to just shoot/stab him in the hand or leg. Some place where he won't die but will be out for the season... I'm kidding obviously, I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. But seriously, I'm not... Or am I?

It sucks that Scals is injured (never thought I'd say that) because we were already thin at the PF/C position. I honestly don't know what to do about this situation. Joe Smith maybe? Beg PJ Brown to come back? I'm out of ideas. I guess we could trade our young guys for a big man near the deadline but I do love Giddens and Walker so I don't know. I do know that Ainge needs to publicly come out and say, "We have zero interest in Stephon Marbury."

I'm freaking out about this, I need to calm down with a tall glass of scotch on the rocks, with ice.
--JT--

1 comment:

  1. Seems like a heck of a lot of ice in that drink Jim

    ReplyDelete