Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Never Drinking Again



Seriously how many times have you said this? While I'm sitting here this morning, my head pounding more than Brangelina on the set of Mr. & Mrs. Smith, I resolve to NEVER DRINK AGAIN! Last night was filled with alcohol of all types, slithering down my waiting esophagus into my stomach, and then eventually crawling back up. I jest... I did not puke last night but I have many times before. After nights like this, and possibly a large number of embarassing moments, we all vow to never drink again. But how serious is that vow? I feel it never makes it past the weekend, and here we are Sunday morning, feeling the same physical aches and "OMGWHOTHEFUCKDIDITEXT?" remorse. At this moment, I really feel like I could enjoy a life of clear-headedness and humility without the tender caress of the bottle... but I know soon as I get into a bar and that bumping Brit Spears song gets into my ear drums, and I am surrounded by friends of all kinds, I will not be able to keep my promise. What it comes down to really, is it worth the day long hangover and lethargy the next day, for approximately 5 hours of pure bliss... hell yeah it is. So drink up, and meet me at my house for SpongeBob, greasy food, and gatorade the next day to recover.

--MM--

No comments:

Post a Comment